MAP will send a trained nurse to administer Sandostatin® LAR Depot injections for eligible patients.
Signs and symptoms of acromegaly are most often caused by a benign (noncancerous) tumor on the pituitary gland, which causes the overproduction of growth hormone (GH) in the body.
Symptoms Caused By The Tumor:
- Visual problems
Symptoms Caused By Overproduction Of GH:
- Enlargement of hands and feet
- Excessive sweating
- Hypertension (high blood pressure) or other heart-related problems
- Joint pains
- Sleep apnea
- Swelling of soft tissue
Other Signs and Symptoms Of Acromegaly
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Coarsening of facial features, including forehead, nose, lips, tongue, jaw
- Goiter (enlargement of the thyroid gland)
- Menstrual cycle disturbances/Impotence
- Sinus congestion
- Skin changes, including thickening, oiliness, acne
- Skin tags
You may only have a few of these and may never develop additional symptoms. Please speak with your health care provider about any questions you may have.
Sandostatin® LAR Depot (octreotide acetate for injectable suspension) does not treat these specific symptoms
Imagery supplied by Shutterstock