At Novartis, we take the health and well-being of patients and health care professionals very seriously. We understand the concern and uncertainty that you may be facing surrounding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
That's why we are making the Sandostatin® LAR Depot (octreotide acetate) for injectable suspension Mobile Administration Program (MAP) available, at no charge for administration, for eligible* patients who have difficulty going to their monthly injection appointments because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- A trained health care professional will prepare and administer Sandostatin LAR Depot to you at a location that is convenient for you, such as your home† at no charge to you or your health insurance plans
- You and your insurance plan arrange for the payment and shipment of Sandostatin LAR to you. Administration is available on nights and weekends
- The enrolling physician will receive a report after each patient administration
- As with all health care decisions, you should talk with your doctor about how to manage your disease and treatment
- You must be prescribed Sandostatin LAR Depot for an FDA-approved indication
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, Novartis is temporarily modifying the program to include patients with any insurance type
2 Ways for You to Enroll in the Program
Option 1 – Health Care Professional-Initiated Enrollment:
- Your health care professional begins enrollment for you by completing the Sandostatin LAR Depot Service Request Form and faxing it to 1-888-891-4924
- Novartis Patient Assistance Now Oncology (PANO) will then reach out to you to complete the enrollment process
- For more information on PANO processing, your health care professional can visit the PANO HCP Page or call 1-800-282-7630
Option 2 – Patient-Initiated Enrollment:
- You begin enrollment by completing a PANO Service Request Form
- PANO will then send your health care professional the provider portion of the form to complete and return
- You can also reach out to PANO by calling 1-800-282-7630
Once you are enrolled, MAP services will be coordinated between in-home health care professionals and you.
As part of the program, you work with your physician and pharmacy to acquire the product and have it shipped to your home. The program will coordinate a visit by a trained health care professional upon receipt of the product by you. The health care professional will come to your home to prepare and administer your Sandostatin LAR Depot. It is important to note that not all insurance plans cover having the product administered in a home setting, and therefore, it is important that you discuss home administration with your physician and insurance plan.
*Limitations apply. Novartis reserves the right to update limitations and eligibility at any time.
†The program does not replace professional care or the authority of the prescribing physician. Patients still keep their regularly scheduled physician checkups. First dose must be administered by prescribing physician.